I decided to a post that was kind of different today. If you read this blog, you are aware that its all about things that I find pertinent in my life. After all its called Abisola Blog. Abisola being me. (Abby-saw-lah). So in order for you to get to know me,I decided to do a personal update in question and answer form.
- What is my name?: My name is Abisola Adeyemo. Pronounced (Abby-saw-lah) It is a Nigerian name meaning “born into wealth”. That leads me to my second question:
- Where are you from? : Well, I was born in Canada. However I am of Nigerian descent. My mom and dad are Nigerian. However, I live in a small town in Central Florida called Lakeland.
- Do you have any siblings?: Yes I have a wonderful older sister.
- What grade are you in? : I am a senior in high school.
- Where are you going for college? : I have gotten accepted into a couple of schools in Florida. However, I’m still waiting on others to make a decision.
- What do you want to major in? I want to major in journalism or at least some form of communications studies.
- What career path do you intend on pursuing? My goal is to be a reporter. I want to be an anchor. I particularly would love to focus on entertainment journalism. If I don’t become an anchor , I’d like to write for a major magazine such as Essence. Despite my journalism pursuits, I have always dreamed about being a singer. However, I want to be realistic. That leads me to my next question.
- What are some of your hobbies? Well, for starters I love to sing. I have been in numerous choirs through out my life. Songwriting is definitely one of my major hobbies. Apart from music, I am really into writing.(obviously) I am currently writing a novel called Afrocentric. I won’t tell you what its about because its not copy writed yet but just know that its a good one. Whenever its is complete and I have it published, I will let you all know more about it. I am also an avid runner. I played three sports in high school. I played soccer, cross country and track. Fitness is a huge part of my life. I have even considered potentially becoming a personal trainer on the side. Continually, I love acting. I have been in numerous theatrical shows. One of my most noted roles was playing Aida in my school’s musical production of Aida.
- What type of music do you listen to?: I listen to a wide variety of music. My music preference ranges from R&B, hip hop, jazz, pop, musical music, to contemporary rock, and some (very limited) country. If you get to know me you know that my favorite artist is Beyonce. I went to my first concert at her 2013 Mrs. Carter World Tour. Beside Beyonce, I have a deep love for Lauryn Hill. In my head, if they ever made a Lauryn Hill biopic, I would just HAVE to play her. She has inspired me so much. The Miss Education of Lauryn Hill is one of my favorite albums. I also like artists such as Erykah Badu, Chrisette Michelle, and Natasha Bedingfield.
- Are you in a relationship?: Nope. I have never been in a serious, committed relationship before. I am only 18 years old, so I feel like I have time. Plus, the majority of high school relationships I see don’t really last.Therefore, I’m hoping that I find my match in college.
- How would you describe yourself?: I would describe myself as an ambivert?: I am neither an extrovert or an introvert. I am a mix of both. I love meeting new people and talking. However, I find it difficult to make close friends. Maybe its because I have slight trust issues. Furthermore, sometimes I like to keep to myself and just have me time. I’m a balance of both. Contradictingly, I would also describe myself as bubbly. I am generally a very happy person. I smile alot. Likewise, I am a very sassy person. I am very blunt and say things as it is. I find it very hard to sugar coat things.
- What religion do you practice?: I am a Christian. I like to say that I don’t have a religion. Christianity for me is a lifestyle.
- What are some things on your bucket list. My #1 is sky diving. Then, I’d like to travel the world, go mountain climbing, write a book, and get hot pink highlights.
I hope this post gave you a little bit of insight on who I am as a person. If you have any more questions, just feel free to comment. Thanks for reading.