How are you all? For those of you who don’t know, I turned 20 years old this past week. (February 27) I can’t believe it. I’m so excited for what this new season will bring. I feel like I’m about to fully start adulting.
With this in mind, I have accumulated some life lessons along the way. I wanted to share with you 20 of them.
1.God’s timing is the best time:
Our ways are not His ways. God knows what is best for us in the right moment. Trust the process. He’s ALWAYS on time.
2. Troubles Don’t Last Forever:
If you feel like you’re in a dark season, just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. There’s a season for everything under the sun. Ups and downs are just a part of life.
3. The only person who will never disappoint you, is God:
Even your closest friends and family may let you down in one way or the other. The only perfect person is Jesus Christ.
4. People Pleasing Will Only Hurt You
5. If one door closes another door will open.
Rejection is God’s way of giving you something better.
6. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Make the most out of bad situations.
7. Never compromise in your friendships and other relationships.
You deserve nothing but the best. Your friends and partners should meet your REASONABLE standards.
8. Patience is a virtue that’s easier said than done.
9. Trends are fleeting. Make most of your closet classic pieces that can last a long time.
10. Less is more when it comes to cosmetics and fashion
Not everyday highlight and contour. Sometimes rock your bare face. Also, when it comes to jewelery and accessories, a little goes a long way.
11. Love your body, even if there’s things you want to change about it.
Body confidence is about accepting your flaws and loving yourself even with them.
12. A clean and organized environment, makes an organized life:
There’s a shift in your mood and atmosphere when your area is tidy. Declutter often.
13. Time is money don’t let anyone waste yours.
14. Never feel like you have to change yourself to be liked.
If someone can’t see how much of a catch you are by yourself, then you don’t need them.
15. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
Yes you’re going to make mistakes. But learn from them and move forward.
16. There’s blessings in each season of your life. Don’t rush the process.
17. Be proud of your culture and heritage.
I have never been more proud of being a black Nigerian woman as I am now. Learning and embracing where you came from makes life so much more fulfilling.
18. Cherish the time you have with family.
Soon you’ll be grown and you won’t get to see your family nearly as much. Savor every moment you have with them.
19. Your only validation should come from God.
People will always put their too cents in. They will love you today and hate you tomorrow. But your self-worth should be based on what Jesus says about you.
20. FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is dumb.
There will always be another turn up. There will always be another event. Chances are missing out on something for a valid reason is worth not going to the event. Nothing is groundbreaking.
I hope you enjoyed this. Let me know which lesson you’re going to remember.